The CircLean Meeting is organised in the framework of the EU project CircLean – the European network of businesses and SMEs for Industrial Symbiosis, which is an innovative, industry-led network of stakeholders engaged in industrial symbiosis. The event will be organised in two parts, the first open to all interested stakeholders, the second reserved to the registered Members of the CircLean Network.
Representatives from the European Commission, stakeholders from the industry, business associations, public authorities, academia, NGOs as well as experts will gather to exchange with the audience about pathways for unlocking the potential of industrial symbiosis to contribute to climate neutrality and business competitiveness. Interactive sessions will allow participants to exchange with the experts from the Commission and from the project team as well as with each other. The event will be organised online via one of the online platforms, either WebEx or Zoom. All registered participants will automatically receive the required information to join the event online via email.
The objectives of the CircLean Meeting are to:
- Update stakeholders about the progress achieved in the implementation of the CircLean Network and promote the expansion of its membership
- Inform stakeholders about the EU endorsement of CircLean, and of the synergies and complementarities with the overall actions undertaken by the EU in the advancement of industrial symbiosis
- Refine the CircLean Network Charter with the feedback of stakeholders
- Present how the elections of the CircLean Management Board will be organised and gather expressions of interest for covering the different roles
- Provide an inspirational simulation of the unique suite of CircLean tools that are about to be made available to the Network Members
- Present the final draft of the EU CircLean Label
- Engage the Members of the CircLean Network in the next steps, starting from the next Network meeting to be held in November 2021.