The 1st Dissemination Event of the CORALIS project was successfully held on 14th October 2021. Industrial Symbiosis (IS) has gained great attention in the last years due to its high potential for energy and resources savings. While there have already been initiatives building around the concept of IS in Europe, there is still need to exploit its full potential and facilitate a larger market uptake among EU industrial areas.
The event which was moderated by Mr. Rod Janssen, President of Energy Efficiency in Industrial Processes and partner of CORALIS project, aimed to introduce the project’s scope but also to present prominent speakers of the industry showcasing business models and finance cases.
CORALIS partners had the opportunity to introduce the project’s vision and share their perspectives and insights in relation to the development of the project’s activities and results so far in the 3 Lighthouses areas (Spain, Sweden, and Italy).
In particular, the event’s key speakers were:
- Fillippo Gasparin from CINEA, who presented the LIFE-2021-CET-VALUECHAIN programme
- Isidoro Tapia from the European Investment Bank, who discussed financing and business in the industrial symbiosis context
- Christian Leroy from European Aluminium, who provided industry insights of industrial symbiosis in practice
- Karen Degouve from Natixis, who talked about financing energy transition in industry
- Violeta Martin Gil from CIRCE, who offered an outline of the CORALIS project and its activities
- Francisca Paniagua from Fertiberia, representing Spain’s lighthouse, who discussed their contribution to the project’s targets
- Thomas Parker, from WA3RM AB, representing Sweden’s lighthouse, who discussed their business model for best sustainability impact
- Riccardo Monaci from Confidustria Brescia, representing Italy’s lighthouse, who discussed their materials recovery activities
- and Nick Chapman, from INCUBIS, presenting the Energy Symbiosis Incubator collaboration projecτ
For more information check out the event’s agenda here.